If you’ve followed me – you are well aware of my love of my Instant Pot (or any electric pressure cooker!) It has made post-baby life SO MUCH MORE SIMPLE!! I honestly use BOTH (yes, I have two) at least 3 times a week. It cooks meats fresh and from frozen like a dream, I don’t use anything else to cook my beans, rice, and other grains and I love that I can cook one pot meals in it in a flash. If you have yet to get on the electric pressure cooking bandwagon – DO IT – now!!
Anyway, I haven’t experimented much with soups but wanted to make some chili and figured I would try it out in the Instant Pot. Classic Chili in 10 minutes!? Why not!? You guys… it turned out AWESOME!! I am shocked and so thrilled! I just had to share this recipe with you all!
As with any chili/soup recipe, feel free to experiment a bit! If you want to omit or sub other types of beans, do it! Want to add some more veggies, give it a try! Chili is one of the more forgiving dishes that can be tweaked and still turn out great. I call this more a classic chili because it is more traditional. I also love to make variations of chili with whole muscle cuts, black beans, and other varieties too!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 packages Chili Seasoning (I like McCormick's)
- 1 - 12 ounce can beer (any beer will do)
- 1 - 15 ounce can chili beans or ranch style beans
- 1 - 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained
- 1 - 10 ounce can Rotel
- 1 - 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes (with juices)
- Set your instant pot or electric pressure cooker to saute. Once hot, add the ground beef and brown. Once browned, drain any grease out of the pot.
- Add the chopped onion, bell pepper, jalapeno, and garlic. Cook 3-5 minutes or until the onion has started to become translucent.
- Add the chili seasoning and beer. Stir well, being sure to scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pot.
- Add the chili beans and kidney beans. Stir to incorporate.
- On top, add the Rotel and diced tomatoes. Don't stir these in, leave on top.
- Put the lid on your Instant Pot, set to seal, and set for 10 minutes on Manual.
- Let the Instant Pot naturally release, once released serve with your favorite toppings and enjoy!