If there is one thing I love it is citrus.. Of all sorts. Lemons, limes, oranges, grapefruit. I love the tartness and freshness. I’ve always loved the flavor of a margarita. But, I am not a huge fan of the tequila. It ruins it for me. Maybe it’s because I’ve had bad experiences. We won’t go there. Or maybe it’s because I just really don’t enjoy the flavor.
Anyway, I got this brilliant idea to sub tequila for wine. Because I love wine. I figured it wouldn’t be too far off of a citrus sangria. Well, it was brilliant. And talk about delicious!! Grab yourselves some limes, some friends, and enjoy!
- Juice of 4 to 5 limes
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 ounces (4 shots) Triple Sec or orange liqueur
- 1 bottle of white wine (preferably not a sweet wine)
- Salt and limes to garnish
- Combine the citrus juices, orange juice concentrate, and sugar in a pitcher and stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the Triple Sec and wine.
- Pour into salt rimmed (optional) glasses over a few ice cubes.
- Garnish with lime. Enjoy!
- This can be made up to one day ahead of time. Be sure to stir well before pouring.
On deck for the next couple weeks… An easy way to freeze sweet corn and I am still holding onto summer with a sweet corn and black bean salad with chipotle dressing! And if you are ever in need of inspiration on what to cook, feel free to visit my Pinterest Recipe board!