This week my sweet friend Phi of SweetPhi Blog is launching her new cookbook Fast & Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook for Busy People. A cookbook full of recipes all with five ingredients. Sounds pretty amazing, right? It is!
If you’re not familiar with Phi’s blog, she’s had a regular series entitled Five-Ingredient Fridays for quite some time. Because of the success around Five-Ingredient Friday’s she has put many of these recipes and more into a cookThe idea behind both Five-Ingredient Fridays and Fast & Easy Five-Ingredient Recipes: A Cookbook for Busy People is to help busy people cook great food with simple ingredients.
I met Phi during our Taste Blogger’s trips last year and much like her blog says, she is one the sweetest! Plus she’s bound to make you laugh until you cry! I was so thrilled when Phi announced her cookbook was coming to life and I cannot wait to see her continued success with her blog and cookbook. I honestly can’t think of a more suitable recipient of such success. I was honored when Phi sent me an advanced copy of her cookbook to pin through and mark all my favorite recipes to share with y’all. And there are many!
I’ve currently got Buttermilk Pancakes (p. 14), Honey Biscuits (p.21), Hearts of Palm & Artichoke Dip (p.61), Marinated Yogurt Lemon Chicken (p.113), and Chocolate Cheesecake Cups (p. 181) all bookmarked. And all with only FIVE ingredients! I let the hubby decide which recipe I would make to feature with y’all and his choice was Buttermilk Pancakes for Sunday morning breakfast, of course with bacon. Good choice!
The hubs and I were both pleasantly surprised, these pancakes were fantastic and super fluffy! And best part? They were super easy! I didn’t even have to go to the grocery store, the ingredients were things I already had on hand! Win-win! Phi’s instructions made the process super simple and easy to understand. I can’t wait to try more recipes out of this book!
You can order your copy of Five-Ingredient Recipes from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Boswell Books, IndieBound and Walmart or find it in stores on July 19th! You can also follow the hashtag #sweetphicookbook to see more recipes and posts!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- cooking spray
- Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over high heat.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and baking soda and mix well.
- Make a well in the center and crack the egg into the well. Pour the buttermilk on top of the egg, stir from the center to break the egg yolk, and continue to stir until only a few small clumps are left. Don't overmix.
- Spray the griddle with cooking spray. With a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop or a ladle, scoop about 2 tablespoons of pancake batter and pour onto griddle. Cook for about 4 minutes on one side then flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat until all pancakes are made, serve warm.
- By using a cookie scoop, you get same-sized pancakes!