One of my favorite things out there is a steakhouse style pizza. Big chunks of delicious steak. Some pepperoncinis. Some fancy cheese. It’s perfection.
However, lately I’ve been trying to eat on the healthier side, adding more salads in my daily meals. I’ve been utilizing leftover meat from the night before into a salad the next day for lunch in order to get in some protein and keep me full longer.
This steakhouse style salad has been my favorite to-date. Feel free to adapt it to whatever you like. Lately I’ve been crumbling this AMAZING Humboldt Fog cheese over this salad! YUM! I use Santa Lucia’s Caesar salad dressing, but if you want to make your own here’s a great recipe! Hopefully this recipe inspires you to step up your salad game!
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 6-7 pepperoncinis, thinly sliced
- 1 ounce cheese, your choice (I love goat cheese, feta, or blue cheese)
- 3 ounces leftover steak, cooked and sliced (I used tri-tip!)
- 2-3 tablespoons Caesar salad dressing
- To assemble the salad, fill plate with romaine lettuce. Top with red onion, pepperoncinis, and cheese. Add cooked steak on top. Serve with dressing on side or tossed.