my weekly linkup with Diary of an Addict’s Coffee Date Friday….
Holy moly my friends…. this week FLEW by! I can’t believe it’s already Friday!? The hubby and I spent most every evening out and about this week.. I don’t think I cooked a meal ONCE this week, what a Jenny sin! 😉
Anyway, this week there was A BUNCH going on in the social media world. Lots of posts coming from this page and beyond so I apologize if you are feeling overwhelmed… Next week should be back to regularly scheduled programming!
I had a reader suggest to me in my survey to recap my Friday Videos so for those of you who can’t watch, you know what I’m talking about! Thank you to whoever suggested that! It’s a great idea!
Here’s what I touched on for this week’s Coffee Date:
- So where have I been!? It’s been a few weeks since I posted a coffee date.. right? I can’t even remember. LOL. Anyway, I was sick one weekend with a nasty chest cold and then the next weekend we attended the funeral of a good friend of ours who died way too young. It was emotional and extremely sad so I was pretty quiet that whole day as we dealt with that.
- We started planting last week! It has been good to have the anxieties of a late spring eased a little bit and my husband has been so happy to spend some time in the tractor last weekend and early this week. I struggled with adjustment last week. It’s one of those things that no matter how much you prepare, you aren’t ready for it. Anyway, that all came to a halt the past few days as we received over an inch of rain yesterday. So now we are back to anxious farmers! 😉
- This week has been CRAZY in social media… I was featured on two different sites and both have been receiving so much praise, love, and attention… I am just blown away. For those of you who shared, liked, and took the time to read my features, THANK YOU! And if you missed my two features, the links are below. One was an article for the Huffington Post and the other was a feature on a website called PinkTractor.com. If you don’t follow PinkTractor, I highly recommend checking it out! They are such a wonderful voice for Women in Agriculture!
- Huffington Post: 10 Farmwife Realities That It Is Planting Season Again..
- PinkTractor Awesome Women in Agriculture: Jenny Dewey Rohrich- The Life of a Farmwife
- This week on the blog, I gave an update about my fitness journey. I also shared with your my favorite fitness items! I had received some questions on what protein powder I use, what kind of running shoes I wear, and some other things so I figured a favorites post would tie in well with my updates! Also, I share with you a pretty amazing pick for a sports bra! Check it out!
- I also talked about Crystal Cattle’s Beauty Swap.. If you are unfamiliar with a beauty swap is, feel free to check out my post on it! My friend and fellow blogger Crystal of Crystal Cattle started what she calls a Beauty Swap several months ago. She pairs up women who sign up to send each other a box full of beauty goodies! It’s such a fun experience and a great way to try new things! If you haven’t ever heard of it or you’ve been hesitant to participate, I highly recommend joining in on the next go around! Crystal mentioned to me last night that she’s thinking of doing another swap in mid to late Summer. Be sure to follow Crystal’s blog or Facebook page for the announcement!
- Tomorrow I will be doing my cooking show on OurHD.tv as usual! I think I am going to make pork ribs with a homemade bbq sauce! Anyone have any good bbq sauce recipes!?