WHO MAKES UP THE OTHER HALF OF THIS DUO…?
Mark is a third generation farmer born and raised in North Dakota. Together with his father and brother, they make up Rohrich Farms which began with the first generation in 1949. From the age of 18, Mark has been involved in the family farm as well as their commercial cattle operation. Today Rohrich Farms has since dispersed their cattle herd, but continues to grow spring wheat, corn, soybeans, and sunflowers in rural North Dakota.
Mark is a graduate of North Dakota State University with a Bachelor of Science in Agriculture, a degree he has utilized for nearly sixteen years as an agronomist. In 2012, Mark became a partner and agronomist at Maverick Ag in Ashley, North Dakota. Maverick Ag specializes in agronomy advising, agricultural products and seed, and both ground and aerial spraying services.
Since 2009, Mark has utilized social media to share about agriculture, ideas, and life in North Dakota, where most know him as Sunflowerfarmer. In his free time, Mark enjoys riding his Harley across the Western United States, spending time riding the Snowy Range on his snowmobile, and traveling with his wife Jenny.
WHERE TO FIND SUNFLOWERFARMER?
- You can find his musings on Twitter at @Sunflowerfarmer.
- You can check out his photos on Instagram.
- You can find out more about Maverick Ag by visiting their website.
- Red River Farm Network
- National Sunflower Association Magazine: ‘Sunflowerfarmer’ a social media figure
- This Week in AgriBusiness: How farmers are increasingly turning to social media as a tool for their businesses
- 2015 US Corn Belt Crop Tour: North Dakota
- No-Till Farmer: No-Till Commitment Leads to Higher Yields, Less Runoff
- Dell: Social Media Marketing Down on the Farm
- Real Agriculture: Take to the skies via GoPro for an aerial application ride-along
- AgWeb: Sunflowers in North Dakota?
- Harvest Public Media: Farmers #occupyharvest at harvest time