Last week for my Crop of the Month series, I featured a recipe utilizing a product called SunButter. This week, I am sharing a homemade sunbutter with flair. I am hands down a Nutella lover. Give me a spoon and a jar of it and I’m good. If you’re a Nutella lover like I am, you’ll love this recipe. I was amazed at how simple and quick it was to make. And the recipe yielded a fair amount of Sunflower Nutella.
Just like with SunButter, this recipe would be a great alternative for anyone who suffers from tree nut allergies. It goes great on toast, as a dipping sauce for fruits, and to eat with a spoon. While it doesn’t carry the same fine texture as nutella, the taste is incredible. For anyone who is a lover of SunButter or homemade sunflower butter, this is a must try!
- 2 cups toasted sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2-3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- pinch salt
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse sunflower seeds until sunflower seeds have formed a creamy butter (about 2-3 minutes), stopping periodically to scrape down sides of bowl.
- Add in remaining ingredients and blend for an additional 5 minutes or until smooth and creamy.
- Store in airtight container up to one month in the fridge.