One of the best things about summer is the salads.. Fresh fruits and vegetables from the garden leave us with so many options when it comes to enjoying them fresh right from the garden. I always love to find new salad recipes so we don’t get stuck in the same old salad evening after evening. So I pulled up an old favorite the other night. I totally forgot about it.
I’ve made this salad for several pot lucks and get togethers back home in California. Every single time, I had people coming up to me asking for the recipe. It’s simple but so delicious. And it makes for a gorgeous salad for the table. The blue cheese with the crunch of the walnuts and tart sweetness from the strawberries. Topped off with a nice raspberry vinaigrette, it just screams summer. This was another one of those never measure recipes, so if my measurements are a bit off, please forgive me!
Feel free to add more blue cheese, walnuts, or strawberries depending on how you like it. There’s really no hard and fast rules or measurements for this salad. Toss it all together and enjoy!
- 4 1/2 cups spinach (1- 9 oz bag)
- 1/3 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1-2 cups strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup raspberries
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Toss all salad ingredients together in a bowl.
- For the dressing, blend the raspberries, lemon juice, sugar, & salt and pepper until smooth. Whisk in the olive oil.
- Pour over salad & toss. Enjoy.
- If dressing leftover, store in airtight container, refrigerated.
- Feel free to add more/less of ingredients listed.