Growing up I was never really a fan of guacamole… It’s green and goopy. It looked scary. Or maybe I just never had homemade guacamole. Now that I’ve discovered the joy that is homemade guac, I literally could eat close to a whole bowl in one sitting. I heart guac. Homemade guac.
Hence the reason it always makes me cringe when I come across store bought guac. (Sorry if that is you). This guacamole recipe literally takes 15 minutes, tops. It is so simple to whip together right before someone comes over and put out with some tortilla chips.
I posted this photo on Instagram with the caption… “when life gives you avocados, make guacamole.” For this born and raised California girl, I don’t think it gets any better than that. So let’s hope life gives you avocados soon!
- 3 medium avocados
- juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 1/2 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- pinch cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Scoop avocados out into a medium bowl. Add juice of one lime. Add tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and spices.
- Mash together and mix well. Taste. Add any more salt or pepper, if necessary.
- Serve with tortilla chips.