It’s summer and usually for most people that means attending bbqs, pot lucks, parties, and other get togethers. The weather is great and people enjoy being out and about. And usually that means food, fellowship, and a few tried and true recipes… Add some excitement to your party by reinventing some tried and true favorites and of course adding a little homemade element.
My husband and I, mostly my husband, LOVES buffalo chicken wings. I enjoy the flavor, but I don’t enjoy getting my hands and my face all sticky and dirty. This recipe puts a spin on your classic Buffalo Chicken by putting them in the form of a slider!
They’ve still got that favorite buffalo kick, without the mess! And who can go wrong with some homemade blue cheese dip? There is nothing better than a good dip with some hearty chunks of blue cheese in it. You could even lighten the dip up by subbing some greek yogurt for the sour cream! The dip not only makes great spread for the sliders, but also is great to dip veggies such as carrots and celery into as well.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 cup your favorite hot sauce (I use Frank's)
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (or white vinegar depending on your tastes)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Slider buns, party rolls, or whatever suites your fancy
- In a medium saucepan, combine the hot sauce, honey, lime juice or vinegar, salt, and pepper together.
- Bring to a boil so that the mixture begins to bubble. Taste to test for heat, if too spicy, add more honey. If not spicy enough, add more hot sauce.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, add the shredded chicken and cook until heated through.
- Easy way to cook and shred chicken using pressure cooker. Add chicken breast with 1 cup chicken broth to pressure cook and cook manual 10 mins. Remove and shred using stand mixer paddle attachment!
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbs vinegar
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Milk to thin (optional)
- Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in small bowl.
- To serve, spread the dip onto the buns and pile on some buffalo chicken! Enjoy!
- This dip is great to dip veggies such as carrots and celery too! Sub greek yogurt for a healthier alternative.