When I think of summer cookouts, bbqs, and pot lucks, I always think of my Grandma Betty’s Baked beans. Honestly, they are what I look forward to at family get togethers. For years I have tried to replicate her recipe until I come to find out, my mom has had the recipe all along. This weekend for Memorial Day, I decided to channel my inner Grandma Betty and made a pot of her beans. They are super easy and honestly, legendary in taste! It must be all the bacon!
The cast of characters is simple… Mostly canned beans, ketchup, bacon, ground beef, onion… Are you drooling yet? And besides some browning of ground beef, you essentially dump it all into the crockpot and let it cook! Here I was thinking grandma was slaving over these beans all this time! 😉 I hope that my Grandma Betty’s Baked Beans make it to your next family holiday! Or just your next bbq! Oh, and go ahead and do yourself a favor and invest in Crockpot Liners! They make clean up so easy!
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 3/4 lb. bacon, chopped
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 - 15 oz. cans Pork & Beans
- 1 - 15 oz. can kidney beans, drained
- 1 - 15 oz. can lima beans, drained
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 3 tablespoon white vinegar
- Brown ground beef in a pan, drain off fat. Put in crock pot.
- Brown bacon and onion, drain off fat. Add to crock pot along with remaining ingredients.
- Stir together well, put on low, and cook for 4-6 hours.